SyncStream’s Message on The Coronavirus (COVID-19)
To all our customers, partners and others that support our business:
Like you, we at SyncStream are very concerned about the impact that the Coronavirus is having on our customers, partners, and the population as a whole. This is a very scary time and we know that Affordable Care Act filings are probably not a top priority. Unfortunately, while this virus has prompted the closure of some of the major functions of our society such as schools, and businesses, it has not prompted the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to suspend or delay ACA tax reporting. If this changes in any way we will provide updates and guidance immediately. We are in this together! For now, the fact remains that applicable large employers (ALEs) are still required to electronically file their 1094 and 1095-C forms to the IRS by March 31st, 2020. With the deadline being only a few weeks away we wanted to let you know a few things:
- We are fully committed to supporting all our customers and partners successfully complete their IRS e-filing on time!
- SyncStream’s staff primarily works remotely, so we will maintain full working hours as we assist you complete your filing by the deadline, and our staff will be able to follow the guidance on self-distancing provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
- Our software is cloud-based and can be accessed by any computer that has internet access. This means that if your employer has shut down or has you working remotely, you can still login to our system to complete the required filing.
- Filing late, but promptly can reduce potential penalties. Even if you feel that completing your filing by March 31st is a long shot, you should know that the sooner you file after the deadline can dramatically reduce potential penalties you may face. We continue to support employers year-round with filings, even if deadlines have been missed.
- Finally, we are still taking customers on for this year’s filing. Please do not hesitate to reach out and get started!
All that being said, your main priority should be to remain safe! That will be the focus of our staff as well. We are staying positive and hopeful that our society will get control of this pandemic and brighter days are ahead!
Arthur Tacchino, JD
SyncStream Solutions, LLC